emp3619

R *A Reader Obsessed*

A Californian Werewolf in New York (A Californian Werewolf in New York, #1)

A Californian Werewolf in New York (A Californian Werewolf in New York, #1) - dancinbutterfly, knight_tracer Derek has essentially lost his pack to his uncle Peter - a development that I have a very hard time believing or accepting. So my main beef with this fic is the implausibility that the pack would ever willingly choose Peter as their alpha instead of Derek. I would take Scott as their alpha over Peter. So despite that completely out of nowhere development I enjoyed the rest of this story because it involves Stiles and Derek and that's what's important (well at least to me).

So in an effort to restart his life, Derek moves back to NYC to begin anew. However his past, in the form of Stiles, won't let him go. These two slowly rebuild their friendship/relationship over a series of gradual texts that escalates to daily phone chats.

Stiles comes to visit and the smex is fantastic - hot, funny, classic characterizations and dialogue. The podfic is quite good and enhanced my enjoyment considerably which is probably why there's such a high rating despite the above grumblings - I really urge you to check it out in that form :)