emp3619

R *A Reader Obsessed*

Parting Shot

Parting Shot - Mary Calmes 3.5 Stars

Ahhh another Mary Calmes... I've only read her Matter of Time series and the quasi spinoff [b:All Kinds of Tied Down|22402178|All Kinds of Tied Down|Mary Calmes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401888434s/22402178.jpg|41827079], so these characters are all interwoven and very familiar to me. This particular spinoff features Jory's ex Aaron Sutter, whom we last saw being set up with cop Duncan Stiel in [b:But For You|16007018|But For You (A Matter of Time #6)|Mary Calmes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356199874s/16007018.jpg|21772346]. Of course they hit if off immediately - it IS insta-love on a grand scale but are you suprised?? You shouldn't be.

However unlike the initial Sam and Jory stories, this was pretty high in the smex with just a touch of kink. AND unlike AKoTD, we get it immediately and throughout. The over the top ridiculousness and the hijinks were not as blatant but just enough to lend a little hilarity and fun.

Aaron is a successful and powerful billionaire, always in control.
Duncan is a badass homicide detective, always dominant.

If the idea of two alpha men who are used to being in charge in and out of bed but let their guard down, show their vulnerabilities only to each other, flips your switch - then this is the perfect story for you. To make the pot that much sweeter, I would say that this was the hottest Calmes book I've read to date.